June 1, 2011

Career Mom vs. The Stay-at-home-Mom

So the past few weeks my biggest debate has been whether to return to work or stay at home with baby Calley... This is a HUGE debate around our house, my husband would LOVE for me to stay at home and watch her...(*I would love that too) but I think of our finances..I don't want to be eating roman noodles for the next few years.. I know I'm not the only woman that feels this confusion after having a child, but all I keep saying in my head is damn 1972 when women got equal rights in the workplace...hahaha... my PROS are that I have worked really hard the past 4 years to get to where I am today in my career, and that financially we are comfortable, and are hoping to buy a home soon, I want to make sure we can provide for our family without struggle... but the other side (*the CONS) say I don't want anyone else taking care of her... no one can care for her like her momma!! And also I think about her getting sick at a daycare... how often will it happen? and will I have enough time to spend with her once I go back to work... I know what we are going to do and that is I will return to work, but I can't help think of "what if I stay home" I cry every time I think about it... and I know that my life at work is going to change I'm not going to be as available as I used to be...but we will see, I will update you all after my first week back... in the mean time here are some new pics of the precious little one!!!



No comments:

Post a Comment